These classes offer basic professional skating instructions for boys and girls ages 2 to adult. Classes teach beginners the correct way to skate. Students are awarded test results at the end of the six week sessions.
Anyone may register now for any ONE session of lessons.
To sign up for an additional session, you must wait until the session you are currently in has ended, allowing you to register for the next appropriate level. This also allows everyone the opportunity to register and participate in at least one session.
ADULT & TOTS: These classes are for tots ages 2-5 that are beginning to skate. Skaters will skate in their class with an adult (adult must wear skates). This class has 3 levels.
- In order to complete Pre Level 1 the skater must be able to:
- Sit and stand up with skates on and off ice
- Sit and stand on ice
- March in place
- Dip in place
- In order to complete Pre Level 2 the skater must be able to:
- Two foot glide
- Two foot glide and dip
- Rocking horse
- Two foot hop
- Backwards skating
- In order to complete Pre Level 3 your child must be able to:
- Forward skating
- Forward one foot glide
- Forward two foot glide
- Backward two foot swizzles
- Forward snowplow stop
- Forward slalom