The Fargo Park District is announcing changes to a variety of upcoming summer events in compliance with the ND Smart Restart Guidelines for large group gatherings. The Fargo Park District is focused on providing opportunities to responsibly remain active during this time and is making every effort to provide modified event experiences whenever possible.
The following events are cancelling in person dates and modifying components to provide virtual or low-contact events in place of the traditional event experience. Details on modified event experiences will be announced as they become available.
- Gatherings on Tuesdays, the summer series that alternates weekly with a movie night or a fun family activity, is cancelled during the month of June. Dates in July and August remain scheduled and will be evaluated as they approach. In place of the family activity weeks, the Fargo Park District will offer 2 new Parks To Go events during the month of June.
- Trout Fest, the catch and release one day fishing derby, is changing to a four-day virtual event that still encourages kids to get outside and fish from June 4-8.
- Midwest Kid Fest, the one-day kid-focused event packed with fun games and activities held each June at Island Park, cancelled the in-person components. Instead, a variety of event aspects will be recreated in low contact or virtual environments. Changes yet to be announced include a 'Midwest Kid Fest in a Bag' pickup and go component and a modified Teddy Bear Parade among other offerings.
Due to the size of the event and the standards for the ND Smart Guidelines on group gatherings, the following events are cancelled for 2020:
- German Folk Festival, the one-day heritage focused event previously scheduled for August 1 at Rheault Farm.
- North Dakota Senior Games, the three-day event where ages 50 and better compete in a variety of competitions previously scheduled for August 13-15.
- Island Park Show, the two-day arts and crafts festival previously scheduled for August 29-30 at Island Park.
Fargo Parks will continue to offer previously announced events and programs not listed above that meet the ND Smart Restart Guidelines and standards. In addition, Fargo Parks continues to develop new experiences that comply with the ND Smart Restart Guidelines to be announced as information becomes available. Please refer to the Fargo Parks events calendar for current event information.
Fargo Parks continues to monitor the situation, work with state and local health officials and will follow recommended guidelines as they become available. All events are subject to change. For current Fargo Park District, Courts Plus and Valley Senior Services cancellations and updates, please visit the COVID-19 Organizational Update page.