On Tuesday, December 7, the Fargo Park District unveiled its plans for the Fargo Parks Sports Center and announced the support of the project’s current 11 community partners. This multipurpose community recreation facility will accommodate nearly any indoor sports, activities, tournaments and special events. This facility is expected to attract over 600,000 visitors annually and hold 45 plus community events and sports tournaments a year.
Construction of the Fargo Parks Sports Center is planned on 100 acres just west of Interstate 29, between 52nd Avenue South and 64th Avenue South. Once opened, the Fargo Parks Sports Center, will address a critically unmet need for indoor recreation facilities available in the Fargo community. The project includes 1 full size indoor soccer turf field, 4 full sized basketball courts, administrative offices, multipurpose community space and an indoor walking track.
As a highly impactful community recreation facility, the Fargo Parks Sports Center provides a host of Community Benefits including:
- Addresses Critical Need - Comprehensive study identified Fargo’s needs for indoor community recreation complex.
- Community Wellness - Provide community space for a more active and healthier Fargo.
- Multipurpose - Forward thinking design to accommodate recreation and community activities, classes and events while serving all ages, interests and backgrounds.
- Accessibility - Provide year-round public access for Fargo residents and visitors for sports and community events.
- Memorable Destination - State of the art community facility and a regional destination unlike any other of its kind.
- Economic Driver - This facility will attract visitors from across the Midwest with its capacity to host large tournaments and events, bringing a positive economic impact to local businesses.