The Fargo Park District is in the planning stages of the Fargo Sports Complex project, a multipurpose community recreation facility to accommodate nearly any indoor sports, activities, tournaments and special events. This facility is expected to attract over 600,000 visitors annually and hold 45 plus community events and sports tournaments a year.
The Fargo Sports Complex, an extraordinary building project, will address a critically unmet need for indoor recreation facilities available to the Fargo community. In the 2016 comprehensive feasibility study, the Fargo Park District identified a lack of indoor sports and multipurpose facilities available to the public.
As a highly impactful community recreation facility, the Fargo Sports Complex provides a host of Community Benefits including:
- Addresses Critical Need - Comprehensive study identified Fargo’s needs for indoor community recreation complex.
- Community Wellness - Provide community space for a more active and healthier Fargo.
- Multipurpose - Forward thinking design to accommodate recreation and community activities, classes and events while serving all ages, interests and backgrounds.
- Accessibility - Provide year-round public access for Fargo residents and visitors for sports and community events.
- Memorable Destination - State of the art community facility and a regional destination unlike any other of its kind.
- Economic Driver - This facility will attract visitors from across the Midwest with its capacity to host large tournaments and events, bringing a positive economic impact to local businesses.
Information About the Project
Support This Project on Giving Hearts Day
By donating to Fargo Park District Foundation on Giving Hearts Day, you are contributing to the construction of the Fargo Sports Complex, an indoor multipurpose recreational facility. Every donation to the Fargo Sports Complex matters. Your donation for Giving Hearts Day can support the indoor turf, the ice rink, the walking track, etc. Donations can be made from now until February 11 by mail or through our Giving Hearts Day page.
Scheel’s will match your donation to the Fargo Park District Foundation’s Fargo Sports Complex. They are matching up to $250,000, which means for every dollar you donate, one more will be raised to help make this project a reality!