The Park Officer is responsible for maintaining law and order in Fargo parks and other Park District properties while maintaining public safety. The officer will enforce all local, state and federal laws as necessary to ensure the safety and security of the public and property within the Fargo Park District.
The Park Officer will supervise all aspects of law enforcement in Fargo parks, including foot patrols, community education and crime prevention. Daily functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Be present and visible in parks to discourage violations; issue warnings and citations if observing violations.
- Perform daily inspections of property, equipment and vehicles to ensure that it is safe and secure.
- Enforce North Dakota law such as traffic violations, public intoxication or other illegal/ unsafe conditions within the Fargo Park District property.
- Maintain records of violations which are reported to supervisor for review.
- Visually inspect parks and surrounding buildings to ensure it is safe and secure.
- Check on intrusion, building inspections, hold up, fire alarms and reset non- credible alarms.
- Oversee motor vehicle and pedestrian traffic when required.
- Respond to emergency situations including accidents, fires, violent/ dangerous situations, and injured persons. Provides first aid and emergency medical care until medical personal are available. May also be required to preserve evidence depending on the situation.
- Develop, communicate and enforce Park security policies and procedures.
Welcome to the team, Officer Marvig!
"Hi, I am Josh Marvig, the new Park Officer for the Fargo Police Department and Fargo Park District. I graduated from Hawley High School in 2012 before attending Alexandria Technical and Community College for Law Enforcement, graduating in 2014. I worked security at Sanford Health in Fargo before joining the Lisbon Police Department in 2015. In April of 2016, I started with the Fargo Police and have lived and worked in Fargo since then."
If you or someone you know has witnessed a crime or has any information regarding a crime that has taken place at a Fargo Park District park, facility or event, we would appreciate your help.
If you need immediate police assistance, please call 911 or 701-451-7660 for non-emergencies. If you wish to contact Officer Marvig directly, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave him a voicemail at 701-551-5886. You may also submit anonymous information through the Fargo Police Department here.