The Park Officer is responsible for maintaining law and order in Fargo parks and other Park District properties while maintaining public safety. The officer will enforce all local, state and federal laws as necessary to ensure the safety and security of the public and property within the Fargo Park District.
The Park Officer will supervise all aspects of law enforcement in Fargo parks, including foot patrols, community education, and crime prevention. Daily functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Be present and visible in parks to discourage violations; issue warnings and citations if observing violations.
- Perform daily inspections of property, equipment, and vehicles to ensure that it is safe and secure.
- Enforce North Dakota law such as traffic violations, public intoxication or other illegal/ unsafe conditions within the Fargo Park District property.
- Maintain records of violations which are reported to the supervisor for review.
- Visually inspect parks and surrounding buildings to ensure it is safe and secure.
- Check on intrusion, building inspections, hold up, fire alarms and reset non- credible alarms.
- Oversee motor vehicle and pedestrian traffic when required.
- Respond to emergency situations including accidents, fires, violent/ dangerous situations, and injured persons. Provides first aid and emergency medical care until medical personal are available. May also be required to preserve evidence depending on the situation.
- Develop, communicate and enforce Park security policies and procedures.
Officer Josh Marvig
Park Officer Josh Marvig has been serving the Fargo Park District since 2018. Officer Marvig has worked for the Fargo Police Department since 2016 and previously worked for the Lisbon, North Dakota Police Department.
If you or someone you know has witnessed a crime or has any information regarding a crime that has taken place at a Fargo Park District park, facility or event, we would appreciate your help.
If you need immediate police assistance, please call 911 or 701-451-7660 for non-emergencies. If you wish to contact Officer Marvig directly, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave him a voicemail at 701-551-5886. You may also submit anonymous information through the Fargo Police Department here.